Maintaining your privacy and security
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) knows that you are concerned about the privacy and security of your personal information. At DUC, we believe your personal information deserves protection. We are committed to providing you with a safe, secure and confidential data exchange experience. Ducks Unlimited Canada adheres to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada). DUC has adopted the following privacy principles:
1. Accountability: DUC is responsible for personal information under its control and shall designate an individual or individuals who are accountable for the organization’s compliance with the following principles.
2. Identifying purposes: The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified by DUC at or before the time the information is collected.
3. Consent: The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except when inappropriate.
4. Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the organization. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting use, disclosure, and retention: Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by the law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for fulfilment of those purposes.
6. Accuracy: Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. Safeguards: Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
8. Openness: DUC shall make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
9. Individual access: Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
10. Challenging Compliance: An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to the designated individual or individuals for DUC’s compliance.
What does DUC use your personal information for?
The purpose for which personal information is collected is to provide customized service to you. As a member of DUC you may receive:
Information packages pertaining to members
Membership renewal notices
Occasionally, DUC may utilize your name, address and phone number or your email address for internal solicitation or provide it to external companies that we have entered into a partnership agreement with in order to provide value-added services. If you do not wish to have your name provided to these companies, please check the exclusion boxes in the appropriate membership application form. If you are already a member and would no longer want to receive these external offers, please call 1-800- 665-DUCK (3825) and ask for a customer services representative. Our staff will be happy to assist you.
When is your personal information collected?
Personal information is collected on the membership application, the Make A Donation form, the sealed bid auction, the event ticket, the Online auction and the Online store. This information is comprised of the following:
Your email address
Your street address, city, province/state, country, postal code/zip code, telephone and fax numbers
Credit card information
DUC will maintain a donor history to facilitate donor recognition. Information will only be collected by fair and lawful means. These means are:
Online auction registration form
Make A Donation application form
Educator resources registration form
Who may have access to your personal information?
Strict controls are maintained over access to personal information you share with DUC.
Would DUC disclose your personal information to anyone else?
Personal information will not be disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. We will never willfully disclose individually identifiable information about members or users to a third party if the donor has requested otherwise.
Links to third party
We provide links to third party sites. DUC does not control these websites and therefore we would encourage you to review their privacy policies.
Your personal information is secure
At DUC we believe that securing your personal information is of the utmost importance. This means your password, credit card information and personal information are always secure with us. Safeguards are in place to ensure proper security.
Secure Server Software
Our application/registration forms use Secure Server Software (SSL) technology, the industry standard for secure commercial transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card numbers, name and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. While on a secure page, the lock icon on the bottom of Web broswers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer is in the lock position. We use SSL technology from the VeriSign Corporation.
Keeping your information updated
If your personal information has changed, please call toll-free 1-800-665-3825 and ask for a customer services representative. Our staff will be happy to assist you.
Do you have any questions or comments?
If you have any questions about DUC’s privacy policies please contact our privacy officer at email@example.com or call 1-800-665-DUCK (3825).
Thank you for visiting our site.